by Rochelle Hart
Planning a wedding can be extremely stressful and not knowing where to turn for help can be even worst. But the main problem most of the bridal couples face are having one to many people wanting to run the show, opinions are based only on what they think wedding etiquette should be. And this can drive the couple absolutely insane. I've put together six steps to help have a stress free wedding.
1) The bride and groom are the ones getting married, so they should be making the final decisions on the wedding plans. You have to stick to your guns because everyone has an opinion on how a wedding is structured, but little do they know each wedding is customized to suite the couple, because after all they are the ones spending the rest of their lives together. The gathering is to celebrate your marriage not theirs. You shouldn't be afraid to ask someone to back off by saying "thank you for your suggestions but we are going in a different direction with the planning".
2) If hiring a planner, make sure the planner, family members and the wedding party attendants understands that decisions will be made by you (the couple) only. When one too many individuals get involved with the planning things will get confusing, and this can cause unwanted stress for you both. If not hiring a planner, appoint someone you can trust to coordinate and execute your plans, remember you can't be a bride and a planner. You both are in the spotlight and can't trouble shoot while all eyes are on you.
3) If you never remember anything else, remember to always have a backup plan for everything. There are so many things that can go wrong on the wedding day, you want to be prepared for anything that is thrown in your direction. Made sure you discuss it with your planner or point person.
4) When choosing attendants for your wedding, try to keep the number to a minimum because the more people in the wedding party, the bigger the headache can be. I recommend gathering the people you intend on asking as attendants and explain what is expected of them as members of the wedding party as well as their roles in the wedding including their financial obligations. That way you can save yourselves the time it's going to take to replace the attendant and the stress it's going to cause finding a replacement.
5) Never bite off more than you can chew.. Everyone wants a lavish wedding, but don't drive yourselves crazy and break the bank to get it. Remember you can always have your dream wedding without the costly price tag. You can always find something just as elegant that fits into your budget. Research is the key, you can always find a good bargain.
6) Always know that timing is very important, they say NEVER PUT OFF WHAT YOU CAN DO TODAY FOR TOMORROW. I say this because before you know it your wedding day is weeks away and you both are left with a mountain of chores that need completing. Make sure you order all items and make arrangements for every aspect of your wedding as soon as possible, so you won't have a mile long to-do-list.
Following these simple steps will help you both have a stress free wedding day.
Rochelle Hart is the manager of Hart to Hart Events in Bronx, NY. Her website is www.harttohartinc.com.