Looking for a chic and inexpensive centerpiece for your wedding reception? Event designer, Minoo Hersini, shares an easy and fun calla lily table display.
Here's what you'll need:
* 7-9 stems of large calla lily.
* Vases. You need one calla lily per vase. Depending on the size of the table, you can use one or as many vases as you wish. To create an impact, allow 9" in between.
* 9 stems of white sweet pea per vase.
* 1 stem of lily grass per vase.
(1) Gently remove the yellow center part of the flower.
(2) Fill the center of the flower with sweet peas. Add one at a time.
(3) Take one stem of lily grass and gently move your finger through the grass so it becomes softer and can easily bend.
(4) Use the grass to tie your stems. Gently make a knot and cut the ends in an angel.
(5) Cut your bouquet in an angel. It's more interesting if your bouquet sits on the side of your glass and is leaning. You can secure the position by anchoring the knot.
(6) Use the lilies as a centerpiece for a dinning table, a console table or as an accent.