- guest post by Samantha Dockery of Bliss By Sam Weddings
It is unfortunate that most people think of the wedding day as the bride’s day when in fact it is a significant day for the groom as well. After all, isn’t he the one that got the ball rolling by popping the question?
With that being said, it’s very unfair to not involve your groom when it comes to the decision making process for the wedding. We know that, in general, most men don’t care about what shade of pink the cocktail napkins will be; however, here are some key things you can do to ensure they enjoy the planning process and your wedding day just as much as you will:
1. Set priorities for the budget together. Talk about what is most important to each of you and ensure funds are allocated appropriately to that budget category.
2. Once you’ve completed Step 1, put him in charge of choosing the wedding professional for that category. Remember – only impose on his decision if it goes against the grain for the entire theme of your wedding. Otherwise, sit back and relax. See, doesn't it feel good to delegate a bit?
3. Let him choose his attire. This is tricky because he most likely hasn’t seen your dress. The most important pieces of information you need to provide him with are the color of your dress (a swatch would be best because there are many different shades of white and cream) and wedding colors.
Again, swatches of linen would be great for him to use. Armed with these, the formal-wear shop will work with him to make a decision on what suit or tuxedo will best compliment your dress and formality of the wedding. If you want to go the extra mile, show the salesperson at the formal-wear shop a picture of your dress. They’ve done this enough that they know not to spill the beans!
4. Review the checklist of all the tasks that need to be completed for the wedding. Let him choose the ones he wants to be responsible for. Also, be sure that the time-lines for completion of each task is clearly denoted. If necessary, gentle reminders regarding upcoming due dates are a nice touch but don’t be overbearing. After all, this is the man you’re marrying. Don’t treat him like a child during this process.
Following the tips above will surely assist with smoothing over the planning process for your wedding. Congratulations on your engagement – now get your groom engaged in the process!
About Bliss by Sam:
Bliss by Sam is one of the most sought after event-planning firms in Durham, NC and the surrounding areas. Samantha Dockery Sam and her team work with busy, discerning brides to reduce stress throughout their wedding planning process and on their wedding day, so they can relax and enjoy the moment. Their gorgeous work has been featured in everything from The Knot.com to Weddings Magazine, Southern Bride and Groom Magazine and Durham Magazine. Check them out at www.blissbysam.com or on their blog at http://daringdevoted.com
Ahh, summer is in the air. Stifling heat and outrageous AC bills. But it is a great time to get married! Especially with such a warm spring, it looks like this season is going to be a hot one. That means light, airy, and flowy wedding dresses will be all the rage for indoor and outdoor weddings this summer. And not to forget the bridesmaids! Those girls are working hard so that their best friend can have the spotlight. So it’s important they are comfortable running around, carrying the bride’s train, or helping her pose for the wedding photographer. Here are a couple of gorgeous (and affordable!) bridesmaid dresses by David’s Bridal that will keep all the girls cool and fabulous:
Bridezillas is one of the shows we LOVE to talk about on our message board and on Twitter. But this year's premiere nearly sneaked up on us. Thank goodness our buddies over at WE tv are keeping us in the loop and reminded us that the first episode of Season 8 airs tomorrow night! They tell us this will be the wildest season ever.
We've also been promised an interview with one of the show's main characters, so you know AAB will have the behind-the-scenes details as always. Meantime, here's a clip showing more of what you can expect on this season.
So Season 8 of WE tv’s "BRIDEZILLAS," which premieres Sunday, June 12 - that's tomorrow night!- at 9pm ET/PT.